Be Part of Something Special & Be A Community Hero
Early 2021, ATEN put out a Call for Submissions asking artists to create and donate a piece of original artwork that captures and conveys their message of Hope & Encouragement to someone who has experienced trauma.
The selected donated pieces are proudly featured here in our first Kindfulness Calendar Fundraiser. We are honored to share these 12 beautiful pieces of art by Nova Scotia artists in a one-of-a-kind collection.
Click here for list of calendar contributing artists.
Price is $20.00 per calendar ($24.00 if ordering online, $4.00 for shipping fee)
Click on the Shop button to purchase online.
Kindfulness Calendars now available at the All Good Things Thrift Shop in Milford (2289 Hwy 2), open Tuesday-Saturday 11am-4pm.
All proceeds raised go directly to helping those who have experienced trauma.
Thank you for your much-needed valuable support!
The After Trauma Empowerment Network (ATEN) is a non-profit organization in Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia. Our mandate is to empower and improve the quality of life for individuals, families and communities affected by trauma through therapeutic counselling, emotional support, education and resources.
Our vision is: To improve the lives, well-being and functioning of individuals, families and communities affected by trauma so we can live in a world where individuals affected by trauma live an empowered life to reach their fullest potential.
- We provide our services and supports free of charge to all genders,
- We offer a Safe Space to all genders, backgrounds and cultures,
- 85% of our client base has experienced sexualized violence, trauma and abuse (including sexual trafficking and exploitation),
- We provide support and accompaniment to police, hospital and/or court,
- The age range for individuals accessing our services range from 13 to 74 years old,
- We offer a weekly youth group to vulnerable youth who have experienced trauma,
- We offer a weekly online discussion forum called MAAT (Music & Art After Trauma) where we discuss a topic relating to trauma, mental health and wellness combined with a music and/or art component,
- Individuals accessing our services and appointments has tripled over the past year,
- We provide educational presentations and capacity building sessions around trauma, mental health, wellness, healthy relationships, trauma-informed practices/care and more,
- We have a YouTube channel where we are building a database of video resources,
- We do not have any core funding from provincial or federal government for operational expenses (we are working on trying to establish this)
- As a result of outgrowing our current office space, we need to relocate to a larger office space which means our rent expense will increase,
- Since we do not have core funding for our operational expenses (rent, phone, internet, insurance, office supplies), we are making a plea to individuals, community members and businesses to help support us by making a financial donation,
- We are hoping to raise funds to assist with our operational expenses for one year (approximately $10 000)
With your kind and generous support, we can achieve this goal!
Please help and empower us so we can continue to empower others! We need your financial support and donation to allow us to continue to offer our essential service to individuals, families and communities.
Please help us spread the word and share this with your networks.
Much heartfelt thanks and gratitude!
Donations can be made on our Go Fund Me page
Facebook: After Trauma Empowerment Network (ATEN)
YouTube: After Trauma Empowerment Network (ATEN)
And the winner of the Nova Scotia Strong quilt is
We would like to extend heartfelt thanks and gratitude to everyone who supported our first fundraiser and purchased tickets - we could not have done this without you! Together we raised over $3000 to go toward ATEN service delivery and administrative expenses.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Stay tuned for our next quilt fundraiser.
YOU COULD WIN!
We are selling tickets on a one-of-a-kind 80"x 80" hand-quilted Nova Scotia Strong quilt (valued at $1500) to raise funds to help support survivors of trauma. Funds raised will be used for ATEN service delivery and programming.
Tickets will be available September 21, 2020 at the following locations:
- Martin's Rite Stop - 2864 Highway 2, Shubenacadie NS
- Milford Esso - 2301 Hwy 2, Milford, NS
- Coldstream Clear Distillery - 2830 Main St. W, Stewiacke NS
- After Trauma Empowerment Network (ATEN) - 2830 Hwy 2, Shubenacadie NS (Fridays 10am-12pm)
- Rose Delong - 98 Riverside Dr., Stewiacke NS
- Great British Grub Cafe - 535 Prince St., Truro NS
Tickets are $5.00 each or six for $20.00.
Draw will take place Saturday, December 12 at 12 noon at the After Trauma Empowerment Network office located at 2830 Highway 2, Shubenacadie (pending approval from the Lottery Commission). (Updated November 25, 2020)
PLEASE NOTE: The Nova Scotia Ticket Lottery Rules and Regulations does not permit the sale of tickets:
- online or electronically (e-transfer, PayPal, etc). Cash purchase only.
- outside of Mainland Nova Scotia. We are not permitted to sell tickets in Cape Breton or outside of Mainland Nova Scotia.
If you have any questions please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902-758-3967 (leave message).
We thank you for your valuable generosity and support.
Best of luck to everyone!
Lottery License # AGD-306605-20
After Trauma Empowerment Network (ATEN)