5/17/2022 3 Comments
Community Heroes Quilt Fundraiser
Be Part of Something Special & Be A Community Hero
Early 2021, ATEN put out a Call for Submissions asking artists to create and donate a piece of original artwork that captures and conveys their message of Hope & Encouragement to someone who has experienced trauma.
The selected donated pieces are proudly featured here in our first Kindfulness Calendar Fundraiser. We are honored to share these 12 beautiful pieces of art by Nova Scotia artists in a one-of-a-kind collection.
Click here for list of calendar contributing artists.
Price is $20.00 per calendar ($24.00 if ordering online, $4.00 for shipping fee)
Click on the Shop button to purchase online.
Kindfulness Calendars now available at the All Good Things Thrift Shop in Milford (2289 Hwy 2), open Tuesday-Saturday 11am-4pm.
All proceeds raised go directly to helping those who have experienced trauma.
Thank you for your much-needed valuable support!
2022 Kindfulness Calendar (fundraiser)
ATEN's 2022 Kindfulness Calendar (donation includes shipping). Please send email to email@example.com with your name, address and phone number.
Thank you for your support!
Artist: Ben Mosher
Title: Try Trying Again
Name: Katelynne Cagliostro
Title: My Body is My Home
Name: Bob Richards
Title: The Release
Name: Patrick McWade
Title: WRITE DANCE LAUGH LOVE
Name: Lynne Smith
Title: just breathe
Name: Margo Johnson
Title: A Little Blue
Name: Diana O'Connell
Title: Memory From My Inner Child
Name: Danielle LeFort
Name: Kevin Sibley
Title: Dark Cloud, Bright Sky
Name: Paula Arsenault
Title: birds sing
Name: Alissa Seymour
Name: Amanda Bent
You can view the selected and donated artwork by visiting MAAT Session # 12 - June 16, 2021
We look forward to sharing our first Kindfulness Calendar with you in the Fall.
Trauma Awareness Day Proclaimed in Nova Scotia
Trauma Awareness Day is an opportunity to work together to raise awareness and help create environments where Nova Scotians can feel safe and empowered in their life, relationships, family and community.
We welcome this opportunity to raise awareness and understanding about trauma. We will be hosting a special MAAT session on Thursday May 20th at 6pm (check our Facebook page for Zoom link) discussing trauma. If you would like to receive the Zoom link please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the links below to learn more about:
5/8/2021 0 Comments
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
The After Trauma Empowerment Network (ATEN) is a non-profit organization in Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia. Our mandate is to empower and improve the quality of life for individuals, families and communities affected by trauma through therapeutic counselling, emotional support, education and resources.
Our vision is: To improve the lives, well-being and functioning of individuals, families and communities affected by trauma so we can live in a world where individuals affected by trauma live an empowered life to reach their fullest potential.
- We provide our services and supports free of charge to all genders,
- We offer a Safe Space to all genders, backgrounds and cultures,
- 85% of our client base has experienced sexualized violence, trauma and abuse (including sexual trafficking and exploitation),
- We provide support and accompaniment to police, hospital and/or court,
- The age range for individuals accessing our services range from 13 to 74 years old,
- We offer a weekly youth group to vulnerable youth who have experienced trauma,
- We offer a weekly online discussion forum called MAAT (Music & Art After Trauma) where we discuss a topic relating to trauma, mental health and wellness combined with a music and/or art component,
- Individuals accessing our services and appointments has tripled over the past year,
- We provide educational presentations and capacity building sessions around trauma, mental health, wellness, healthy relationships, trauma-informed practices/care and more,
- We have a YouTube channel where we are building a database of video resources,
- We do not have any core funding from provincial or federal government for operational expenses (we are working on trying to establish this)
- As a result of outgrowing our current office space, we need to relocate to a larger office space which means our rent expense will increase,
- Since we do not have core funding for our operational expenses (rent, phone, internet, insurance, office supplies), we are making a plea to individuals, community members and businesses to help support us by making a financial donation,
- We are hoping to raise funds to assist with our operational expenses for one year (approximately $10 000)
With your kind and generous support, we can achieve this goal!
Please help and empower us so we can continue to empower others! We need your financial support and donation to allow us to continue to offer our essential service to individuals, families and communities.
Please help us spread the word and share this with your networks.
Much heartfelt thanks and gratitude!
Donations can be made on our Go Fund Me page
Facebook: After Trauma Empowerment Network (ATEN)
YouTube: After Trauma Empowerment Network (ATEN)
The After Trauma Empowerment Network (ATEN) is thrilled to announce that they will be hosting their FIRST online MAAT (Music & Art After Trauma) session on April 7th at 6pm via Zoom!
Project MAAT is a weekly online edutainment forum hosted by ATEN featuring education on trauma, mental health and other related topics combined with a music and/or art element.
The anticipated impact of this project is to make a positive difference in the lives of those individuals, families and communities living with the negative impact of trauma and mental illness.
Zoom meeting links will be posted on our Facebook page (After Trauma Empowerment Network (ATEN)). However, if you are interested in receiving the MAAT Zoom link each week via email, we invite you to please fill out the subscription form at the end of this message or send an email to email@example.com with your name to be included on our email subscription list.
We are also seeking diverse artists (of various mediums) and musicians to join us for a guest appearance on MAAT. If you would be interested in joining us for a session, we invite you to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Guest” along with your name, contact info and a little bit about yourself.
We would like to extend our thanks and gratitude to the Mental Health Foundation of Nova Scotia for their generous funding and support for Project MAAT.
To learn more about ATEN visit www.atenns.ca.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Have an empowered day!
We are overwhelmed with honor and excitement to have the support and trust from the Mental Health Foundation of Nova Scotia in our ability to facilitate and succeed with this important project. We are immensely grateful to the Mental Health Foundation of Nova Scotia staff and donors for making this possible and helping change the way people think.
Project MAAT is an hour-long online program hosted by Margaret Mauger and Vida Woodworth that features educational discussions about trauma, mental health and other related topics, combined with a music and art component.
MAAT was created to be an outlet, resource and support to individuals who have experienced trauma and for those who support them. We aim to offer a safe space for people to learn about sensitive and sometimes difficult topics while gaining the therapeutic benefits of music and art.
More details to come...
After Trauma Empowerment Network (ATEN)